
As a member of the diaspora it is my loyal duty to head back across The Pond this week for a couple of days in Hibernia.
And chosen mode of transport? Aer Lingus of course - purveyors of the finest cup of tea in the sky!...and a damn site better experience than that other Irish crowd, O'LearyAir!
I love Ireland...always have. Coming from an Irish family in Liverpool, where almost every kid in the class was of Irish descent as were most of your Christian Brother teachers, you didn't have much choice. In fact, when questioned as to where I'm from I've often replied, "East Dublin"!
This time I'm spending just a couple of days in Dublin's hinterland. A drive up into Co Meath for a night in the Knightsbrook Hotel, a plush new golf and spa resort, a fine dinner and several pints of the world's best Guiness.
Tomorrow I'll spend on the edge of Dublin attending to a little business on behalf of my Scandinavian Paymasters. But I shan't let that get in the way of enjoying the craic with some old friends!
Any way, best get back to enjoying the Black Stuff!
LC James
Hibernia
12 May 2010
And chosen mode of transport? Aer Lingus of course - purveyors of the finest cup of tea in the sky!...and a damn site better experience than that other Irish crowd, O'LearyAir!
I love Ireland...always have. Coming from an Irish family in Liverpool, where almost every kid in the class was of Irish descent as were most of your Christian Brother teachers, you didn't have much choice. In fact, when questioned as to where I'm from I've often replied, "East Dublin"!
This time I'm spending just a couple of days in Dublin's hinterland. A drive up into Co Meath for a night in the Knightsbrook Hotel, a plush new golf and spa resort, a fine dinner and several pints of the world's best Guiness.
How do they do it? In Ireland it's almost like drinking yoghurt. You feel like asking for a spoon to eat it with! And each pint glides down so smoothly...
As for the Knightsbrook, it gets my vote and recommendation. Facilities are excellent, the decor and furnishings top notch and the staff superb - courteous, attentive, helpful. The only downside it that it can be a bit tricky to find - its on the left just as you arrive on the outskirts of Trim around the back of a new property development - keep your eyes peeled!Tomorrow I'll spend on the edge of Dublin attending to a little business on behalf of my Scandinavian Paymasters. But I shan't let that get in the way of enjoying the craic with some old friends!
Any way, best get back to enjoying the Black Stuff!
LC James
Hibernia
12 May 2010
No comments:
Post a Comment