Thursday, 22 April 2010

Can I cut the Hedge on Earth Day?


Today is Earth Day. As a biologist its my veritable duty to inform you lot out there that its nothing new having been celebrated on 22 April since it was established forty years ago in 1970. It is designed to help increase awareness of the environment. And for all of you who love and crave everything Green, the very first Earth Day is credited as marking the start of the modern environmental movement. By the way that first event back in 1970 was celebrated by around 20 million people in the USA!

The question is, can I cut my hedge on Earth day? I've done some of it and if I don't get it finished I'm going to get dragged off Abroad leaving one half neatly manicured and the other looking like some dark recess of the Congo jungle!
I'd better get snipping before it gets too dark. I only hope Gaia, the Greek goddess of the Earth, will forgive me!
LC James
Landlocked
22nd April 2010

No comments:

Post a Comment