So, after much procrastination my youngest offspring has sat me down and forced me to finally get organised enough to go through the process of creating the environment in which to place my great ramblings and meanderings.
I've written widely over the years from regular columns in provincial newspapers through to features in the the national press and on to scientific papers in learned journals. I enjoy the creative process, whether writing an article, some prose or a PowerPoint presentation. I also enjoy the act of communicating the information contained therein, and am always ready to perform to an interested audience.
As a scientist at heart - fortunately a biologist...and they tend to be far more generalist in view than most disciplines - I enjoy the challenge of "effective knowledge transfer," making the detailed techy and possible boring stuff accessible to all. Being able to communicate with whatever audience whether a village classroom of infants or lecture theatre of academics is a valuable and rather rare skill and I believe both audiences are equally worthy of not only my attention but the attention of the greatest scientists.
Over the coming weeks, months and years I'll hopefully take time out of a busy schedule to capture thoughts and ideas within the confines of this blog. And should anyone drop by for a read, you are most welcome!
LC James
Landlocked
April 2010
No comments:
Post a Comment