Tuesday, 14 May 2013
All back up and running...honest!
OK..OK...so I've been out of action for a while with this blog. I apologise.
But what do you expect? I've been busy settling back into life with my Scandinavian Paymasters having escaped from the Japanese - OK, so call me yoyo!
However, the light at the end of the tunnel is starting to appear a little brighter so I must be finally getting fully up to speed and on top of things.
Since the last blog loads has happended. I've been to three continents and at some point over the next few months I'll head out East to Thailand and Australia.
Latest venture is that, inspired by my youndgest male sibling, I've started birding on a local patch. Its nothing amazing but it is local...infact I can see it from the window. It comprises a large hilly grass field, a wooded stream, a developing marsh/pond, and an old quarry/sandpit, which is now largely overgrown with scrub.
I've been birding the patch for less than a month and I've already recorded in 45 species - I'm particualrly pelased with my haul of warblers: Willow Warbler and Chiffchaff, Common and Lesser Whitethroat, Blackcap and Garden Warbler. Latest new addition, at last, was Swift - which was clearly despairing of the weather!
I'll try to keep you updated with my observations.
Back to the telescope!
LC James
Landlocked
14th May 2013
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment